During this Facial Massage and Skincare Course you will learn different techniques to massage the face, neck, and shoulders, whilst using a variety of products to care specifically for your clients skin type. Facials involve some massage which aids in blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. The facial massage also helps to relax facial muscles which can slow the onset of wrinkles on the face. Puffiness reduction, sagging in the face and skin cell renewal are additional benefits from these massage techniques.
A facial is a multi-step skin treatment including steam, face masks, exfoliation, cleansing, and a variety of creams and lotions. There are many types of facial treatments, and choosing the right one for your client depends on their skin type which we will teach you how to assess and determine. This is a luxurious and relaxing treatment which will prove very popular with your clients.
Our "Part Online" course means that you will be able to download your training material immediately, and start practising at home. Once the Beauty School re-opens you can book a practical session with one of our tutors, where you will complete your practical training and observation.
You will then be issued with a certificate of diploma; this will enable you to obtain insurance and perform the treatment on clients.
Whilst studying at home, our tutors will be available to support you and answer any questions you may have via telephone, email or zoom.
During the Facial Massage and Skincare Course you will learn the following –
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin, skeletal and muscular structure of the face, and neck
- Skin types and PH balance
- Equipment, implements and products
- Preparation of room and client
- Client consultations and Record Cards
- Benefits of facial treatments
- Skin analysis
- Cleansing, toning and moisturising
- Face masks
- Massage movements
- Massage mediums
- Client aftercare advice
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
Information for attending your practical session:-
At the moment we are unable to book any practical sessions, however as soon as restrictions have been lifted we will contact you to arrange a date. Evenings and weekends will be available; if you would like to speak to us before purchasing this course please get in touch.
There is nearby parking at –
Britannia Car Park
- Parking is free outside Windmill Hill City Farm on evenings and weekends
- Refreshments will be provided (please advise if you have any dietary requirements when you book your course)
- You will be practicing on other students and vice versa to ensure you get the feel for all aspects of the treatment
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Facial Massage & Skincare on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- Upon purchasing this course you will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive an email please contact us.
- Pre-requisites – None